It is no secret that Las Vegas is one of my absolute favorite destinations–in the whole world! Why? Because what other city packs that much of a punch in just a short 4-mile strip??
Known for its glitz, glam, and gaudiness…Las Vegas is a place unlike any other.
You have world-renowned restaurants, mega-clubs, interactive museums, show-stopping parties, and money being thrown around like water on a hot summer day. Seriously, what’s not to love?
If you have or haven’t traveled to Las Vegas yet, buckle up for the ultimate Sin City bucket list!
Experience the Bellagio Fountain Show
Call it touristy or don’t…it is the 2nd largest FREE fountain show in the entire world! The Bellagio itself is grand, but seeing the water display that spans more than 1,000 feet across and as high as 460 ft in the air in front of it..now that’s a show! Come back every 30 minutes (in the afternoons) or every 15 minutes (in the evenings) to hear songs from icons like Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Elton John + so much more!
Try your luck at the Casino
Lady luck is not always on your side, but it can be! I once sat down at a blackjack table with $100 and after 8 hours of solid playing, left with $3,000 in my pocket. You might not get THAT lucky, but coming to Las Vegas, it’s only right that you try!
My favorite casino memory is watching rich old men throw away over $30,000 on the Craps tables. The beauty of gambling is that you don’t have to be rich to win/or lose a few bucks.
Travel back in time at the Neon Boneyard
Known as the place where old Las Vegas signs go to die. This eclectic collection of iconic Las Vegas signs date all the way back to the 1930s! Book a tour during the day to get up close and personal and learn the history behind them, or my favorite…book a night tour to see these beautifully restored signs lit up in all of their glory!!
Snap a photo at the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign
Speaking of signs, you can’t go to Las Vegas and NOT visit this roadside landmark! Vegas might be known as Sin City, but missing this would be the ultimate Sin! Since erected in 1959, it has been greeting visitors from all over the world.
Pro tip: There is ALWAYS a line for the sign unless you go super early or super late. And even then, there is usually a line. I hopped over to the side to snap a few pictures while people were switching photographers. You don’t have to wait unless you really want to!
Hit up a pool party
Some of my best memories (or lack thereof) was at a Las Vegas Pool Party! Believe me when I say, shit gets willldddd. In all the best ways possible. Some of the hottest DJ’s spin morning, noon and night to bring you the ultimate party experience.
Some of my favorites include:
- Encore Beach Club: A 3-tired pool that has everything your party heart could desire. Lily pad water lounges, two-story bungalows, and cabanas!
- XS: If you are there in season, XS offers their signature “Night Swim” on Sundays. On a hot summer night in Nevada, what could be better than splashing around in a gigantic pool, surrounded by beautiful people while you dance to the beat of the top DJs in the world? The answer is nothing.
Take part in “Happy Half Hour” on the High Roller
You might have heard about the High Roller at the LINQ. You know, the world’s tallest observation wheel that soars a whopping 550 ft above the Las Vegas Strip. Well if you haven’t now you have.
Don’t just enjoy the High Roller for the view. They offer a deal where you can book a pod (28 pods on the entire thing) for their “Happy Half Hour”. The wheel takes around 30 minutes to make a complete rotation…meaning you have exactly that time for unlimited drinks! It’s like having two great deals for the price of one! You can party hardy in an open bar cabin equipt with your own bartender!
Pro tip: For discounted tickets, check out Groupon or Travelzoo!
Go Hotel Hoppin’ on the Las Vegas Strip
I could sit for hours going through each and every hotel telling you what they have to offer. I don’t even think a week would be enough time to see and do everything. Hell, it would probably take you 6 months and like a million dollars to experience the 4 mile Strip. I’ll try to break it down best I can and give you some highlights from each.
Bellagio: Conservatory & Botanical Garden, Gallery of Fine Art
Mandalay Bay: Shark Reef Aquarium, Shark Tunnel
Planet Hollywood: Miracle Mile Shops, their pool has the FlowRider
MGM Grand: CSI the Experience (for all my true crime fans), Topgolf
Flamingo: Wildlife Habitat (obvs it has flamingos)
The Cosmopolitan: Infamous Chandelier Bar
The Mirage: Erupting volcano, Indoor Tropical Rainforest
Luxor: The Titanic Experience, The Pyramid that shoots light from the highest point, IMAX theater
Excalibur: The Fun Dungeon (arcade), Tournament of Kings (medieval-themed dinner show)
Stratosphere: Top of the World Restaurant, Thrill rides on the top
The Venetian: Gondola Ride, Grand Canal Shoppes
LINQ Hotel: High Roller Ferris Wheel, Sprinkles Cupcake ATM
Wynn: Lake Of Dreams
New York- New York: Big Apple roller coaster, Hershey’s Chocolate World
Circus Circus: Adventuredome (indoor amusement park), Circus acts all the time
Paris Hotel: Eiffel Tower (with observation deck), Replica of the Arc de Triomphe-Paris Opera house- The Louvre.
RIO: Voodoo Zipline
Treasure Island: Interactive Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N
And to think that this doesn’t even scratch the surface! Sorry not sorry for the overload of information. Going to every hotel and experiencing their unique activities is definitely on my bucket list!
Stroll Downtown Las Vegas
Famous for the “Freemont Experience”, this lively block of charm has much more pizzaz thank you would think! Home to hotels like The Golden Nugget and The D (obviously my fav one) and basically a massive street party housed by The Viva Vision Light Show ceiling. You can grab a cocktail, watch the street performers, gamble and even Zipline over the entire street!
Go on an action-packed adventure!
Where are all my adrenaline junkies at? :: raises both hands and feet::
- Up, Up & Away! Book a sunrise hot air balloon ride (We went with Sundance Balloons) that soars just past the city.
- Fly high in the sky by booking a Helicopter Tour! You can choose to fly over the strip or even to the Grand Canyon! Action-packed is an understatement.
- Don’t wanna leave the ground? How about taking an exotic car out for a spin? Put your pedal to the metal at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway by choosing a sports car and driving a few laps around. Pick from options like a Ferrari 458 Italia, Corvette Z06, Lamborghini Gallardo & so much more!
See a show in Las Vegas
Wow is all I can say. There is absolutely NO shortage of things to do in Las Vegas. BUT, one of my all time fav. Things to do (besides drink and gamble of course) is seeing a show! You’ve got Cirque du Soleil, Comedy Shows, Male Revues, Burlesque, Popstars and basically anything you could ever dream of! Again, I could sit for hours naming every last one…but here are a few of my favorites.
- Cirque du Soleil: “O”, Zumanity & Michael Jackson
- Absinthe: Located in Caesars Palace and is a mix between adult humor, cabaret, and acrobatics
- Male Revues: Magic Mike Live (bring an extra pair of panties) & Chippendales
- Zombie Burlesque: Exactly how it sounds. Located in Planet Hollywood
- Pop-Stars: YOU CAN’T-MISS –Britney Spears & The Backstreet Boys
Attend an event!
Since Las Vegas KNOWS how to throw a party, one could only imagine how creative and impressive an event would be. Whether it’s a music festival, fight weekend or holiday…be prepared to be WOWed.
- New Years Celebration
- Electric Daisy Carnival (Las Vegas Motor Speedway)
- Life is Beautiful Festival
- ANY UFC or Boxing Match
- World Series of Poker
Party all night in Las Vegas
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas amirite? Your mom doesn’t have to know that you just spent the last 8 hours of your life dancing and singing at some of the worlds best nightclubs now does she?
It’s definitely no secret. Las Vegas is a city that rarely sleeps. Meaning you can club hop until your shoes fall off. (Which will definitely happen). Try out a few of these for the most epic nightlife/ bucket list experiences in Las Vegas.
- Omnia: Located in Ceasars Palace…an interactive nightlife experience. This 3-tiered venue covers 75,000 sq ft and has its own private outdoor terrace. UMM WHAT??
- XS: One of my all-time favorite clubs on the strip. With an indoor but mostly outdoor area to dance the night away. Not to mention some gambling tables in the heart of the action.
- Hyde: Located in the Bellagio, this VIP experience takes Las Vegas to a new level. Party all night long while you watch the Bellagio Fountains dance in the background.
Last and definitely not least…I had to add this to the list because it was specifically on MY bucket list…
Get a boozy slushie at the Two Story Taco Bell
This might seem a little weird to some, but to me…this was the HOLY MECCA OF AMAZING. IDC what you say. You need to runnnn to the Taco Bell for some delicious quick bites and boozy slushies.
What’s on your Las Vegas Bucket List??