That’s right, you gotta leave the boys at home for this one. What better city to jet off to for a tropical girl’s weekend? Better make sure that beach bod is in tip-top shape because the bitches down in Miami don’t play!
I’ve been to the deep south of Florida manyyy of times and can honestly say it’s one of my favorite destinations in the US. “Laidback Luxury” is what I like to call it. Billowing white curtains, perfectly curated cocktails, melt in your mouth cuisine and of course the liveliest nightlife. I’m here to show you how to have the ultimate girls weekend in Miami, Florida! Grab your thong bikinis and self-tanner bitches, we’re goin’ south!
Where to have a sleepover
Miami is known for its luxurious ummm everything. You and your bitches need a place for beauty sleep right? Oversized pillows for those late night fights 😉 balcony views worthy of 10000 Instagram selfies and hot bell guys to show you to your room…
- The Loews Hotel: Just steps from the ocean, the Loews hotel on Collins Ave is sure to impress any guest that stays there. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel like a million bucks. Sip some champagne by the pool, catch a tan at the beach and enjoy everything Miami has to offer.
- The Fontainebleau Miami Beach: Popular to most celebrities that grace the streets, the Fontainebleau is an iconic hotel. It oozes opulence from its posh spa to its 5-star dining menu, making it the perfect place for you and your girls. If you wanna dance your ass off, Liv is right downstairs, easily accessible to stumble back up to your room.
- The W Miami: Native to most large cities is the W hotel, but South Beach does it a little different. The girls will definitely be spoiled here. The fitness freak friend? There is a state of the art gym for that. The super stressed one? There is a relaxing spa for that. The Diva? There is a lux suite with her name on it. Whatever friend you claim to be, The W has it and then some!
Where to stuff your face
Food is a social necessity to girls weekend, and you gotta do it right. I mean, you are in Miami. With such a diverse range of restaurants, cocktail bars, and quick bite places, you will find something for even the pickiest eater!
- Meat Market: I went here the first time I ever stepped foot in Miami and have been back almost every time since then. This trendy steakhouse has high-quality steak and even higher quality clientele. Who knows, you might hook your friend up with a sexy man sitting at the bar. Grab a Tangerine Dream to drink-pair it with some Tuna Tartare and finish off the dinner with a juicy steak. You girls gotta get your calories in before you head out to dance!
- The Continental Miami: A girls weekend isn’t complete without a bangin’ brunch spot. Considered one of the best “brunches for your buck”, the Continental has this eclectic vintage vibe. Did I mention only $25 bottomless mimosas with a mixture of fruit juices or even bottomless Bloody Mary’s? You can hardly get a vodka soda in Miami for less than $22 so this is a steal! You and the girls will be happy to get buzzed for less than an appetizer price! As an added bonus, the food here is super delish and totally shareable.
- Drunken Dragon: Take my advice on this one…from the outside, this place looks like a complete shit hole. Us girls got out of the car in heels thinking we were about to walk into a laundry mat. It’s meant to give you a good scare because once you walk through that door, it’s like you are entering a new world. Intimate lighting and group tables for a twist on Korean BBQ makes this restaurant a hit with the ladies. Your bitches will love this atmosphere.
- Lola Restaurant: I have to say that this eatery had the BEST decor around. That old mixed with new Hollywood glam, the girls were instantly wowed. Oversized chandeliers, tufted leather benches, and cow skinned chairs. What more could a girl want? PASTA, she would want pasta. Their diverse menu of all things amazing and delectable is just too much. You gotta eat it for yourself!
Where to party
There is ALMOST nothing I love more than partying in Miami. I think I could set up a tent and live in one of the clubs there. It’s my jammmmm. Somehow all the DJs in Miami know how to throw down the sickest sets and amp up any night…or day. That’s right, these are some of my fav. hangouts at any hour because that’s how Miami rolls. The party never stops, and only the strong survive this vivacious city.
- Bodega: Let me tell you something…I have broken it DOWN on the floors of Bodega. Like an out of control dance monster or something, but you literally can’t help yourself. It is classified as many things…a place to eat, a place to drink, and a place to party. Bodega is out of the ordinary though with its tricked out taco truck like interior and Mexican street food flare. Past that, you enter the rooms, and obviously the main room where you and the girls can drop it low for hours. Remember how we ate a lot earlier? Time to burn those calories.
- E11even: Strip Club? Night Club? Who TF cares? A new kid on the block, E11even made its debut in 2014 and hasn’t shut its doors since. No really, like not for any holiday, event or tropical storm. 24 hours 24/7 makes this the ultimate party place at any time of day. Remember the bottomless mimosas at the Continental? Well, we got pretty drunk that time, nixed our plan of going home that night and spent a good 6 hours in here, during the day. 3 stories of fun, you can’t miss out.
- Nikki Beach: Party on the water? Count me in. Nikki Beach is a popular spot all around the world. I once met a girl who is making it her life goal to party at every single one of them. That should tell you something right then and there. Sure celebrities and elitist have set foot here, but you don’t have to be making a million dollars a minute to enjoy this place. Come hangout for relaxing brunch and party until the sun goes down.
gossip have some cocktails
You don’t have to be outgoing buck wild to have a good time. Miami’s scene is very versatile…so if a couple of cocktails with a view is more your style, try these places you and the girls will love. In reality, though, you might just be too hungover from the night before and want to take it easy without “missing out”, so these places are the solution to your needs.
- The Broken Shaker: This hidden Miami spot will take you by surprise. Located in a hostel, this is one of the coolest hostel bars I’ve ever seen. Perfectly handcrafted cocktails with a speakeasy ambiance…but in a massive back yard equipped with a pool, ping pong tables and more lounging areas than you can imagine. All walks of life come through those doors so it’s a perfect place to unwind and meet some new friends.
- Watr at the 1: All white errrthang. This rooftop oasis gives you stunning 360-degree views of South Beach. The indoor-outdoor restaurant/cocktail bar boasts live music, finger foods, and excellent service. You and the girls will surely sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
- The Clevelander: I have to add this place to the list because it’s a mean girls dream. They might not have the best drinks or food, but they have the best entertainment. My friends and I have sat here on numerous occasions and done nothing but sip on drinks and people watch. I don’t encourage the judgemental/ mean girl behavior because we’ve all been there…but you just can’t help the kind of things you see in Miami. If you want a good laugh with your vodka, it’s here.
Where to have some fun in the sun
Fun in the blazing hot sun but these activities around Miami will surely take your mind off of burning to a crisp. Load up the girls for a mini road trip around town to experience some culture, art, fashion and of course FOOD!
- Lincoln Road Mall: You might just think this is like any other outdoor mall, but the gentle breeze from the ocean and a plethora of high and low-end stores make for a fun shopping trip. Just struttin’ your stuff up and down, looking at clothes you don’t need can be a lot of fun. This is where Meat Market resides…and if you and the girls come here during the day, the restaurants that line the streets have some of the best happy hour specials in Miami!
- Wynwood Walls: Would any list to Miami be complete without this? There is no better time to hit the colorful streets of Wynwood than with your crew. Why? Because duh, they are willing to take 1000 pictures without complaining. Takes lessons guys. The intricate designs, massive murals, and abstract shapes will totes make the perf profile pic. (hair flip)
- South Beach: Look, girls, a simple day at the beach sipping Pina Coladas could be on the agenda too. Lord knows you probably need some Vitamin D 😉 With its white sand beach covered in modelesque men and women, you could sit here for hours enjoying the views.
- The Design District: Another art and fashion-forward neighborhood, the Design District offers public art installations, high-end shopping, and some super yummy restaurants. You and the girls can take a stroll around spending unnecessary amounts of money while catching some sun. I know I could spend hours just wandering in and out of the shops, looking at all the art.
- DOUGH Miami: This might not be exactly “fun in the sun” but its fun while getting out of the sun. BEHOLD…DOUGH MIAMI…THE FIRST 100% SAFE TO EAT COOKIE DOUGH SHOP. Oh em gee bitches, you’ll be in heaven. You can literally buy cookie dough by the tub in here, the best way I can think of to beat the heat. All my dreams have come true in this place. If you just so happen to have a girlfriend who doesn’t like cookie dough then just leave her on the side of the road to hitchhike back home. You don’t need that negativity in your life.
Well, ladies, I hope you got a complete overview of how to have a kick-ass girls weekend in Miami. Sure, a lot of it has to do with partying…but f you aren’t a huge partier, then Miami probably isn’t for your stuck up ass anyways 🙂 If you have a good group of girls, some sexy bikinis, and your party pants, there is absolutely no way you will have a bad time here. Bringing the right girls is key to a drama free weekend!
Have you and some girlfriends been to Miami? What did I miss? PS. Isn’t it sad that we are usually so busy having fun that I have like 4 pictures of me and the girls in Miami…I promise I actually have friends ha.
Until the next vacation….
xo Bonvoyage Babes
I love Miami, and yes it’s the perfect place to ‘bring yo bitches’ haha! Love the W Miami and Nikki Beach. I heard so many good things about Lola Restaurant, and now you’ve confirmed this, so will have to visit next time. That dough Miami sounds like heaven; life’s too short not to have a cookie dough shop!
Girl, I love Miami too so yes we are on the same page about everything!! Lola is all around a really good restaurant, especially for the money…and I’m totally with you on the dough thing. I think I bought like 3 tubs haha
Now this is one comprehensive guide for the perfect weekend All girl trip out. And what better destination than Miami, with so many things to do. Definitely recommending this to all my female friends to have the time of their life.
Thanks doll, it’s definitely a place to be!!
“hot bell guys to show you to your room…”
Hmm… not something I care about but I can see why it works for you. He he…
There are many Miami guides but I like this guide because it is irreverent and unconventional. Many other cities in the world need such guides.
Yes I wish more people would have guides like this. A lot less boring and gets you way more excited to visit I think! Ha, hot bell guys are for girls weekend only 😉
I stayed at The W in Bangkok, I’d love to check out the W in Miami too. There are some good Miami nightlife tips here, as I’ve never been I would have had no idea where to go. I’d like to check out Dough Miami, I love cookie dough, especially in the US.
I’ve stayed at the one in Miami, DC, and Atlanta but never overseas!! It’s an amazing hotel. Ugh I know cookie dough will be the death of me.
I’ve never been to Miami so maybe one day Ill get to go. Thanks for all the information of all the places to go to. Seems like there’s a lot of options!
Sooooo many options you have to go!
I love Miami and the fact that I get to call this such unique, sleepless, exciting city home. I actually do appreciate your post very much so, because you actually give your readers options on where to go to HOT places that aren’t your typical places that you will find on Google list. All of your options that you give that being for FOOD, PARTYING, ACTIVITIES, are all things that I have done and would recommend others do while visiting Miami. WELCOME TO MIAMI!
Well get ready for your newest bff because I’m coming to have a slumber party with you haha. Super jelly you live down there!! I can only imagine the fun you have. So happy you can appreciate this post because I do like to stay away from the norm. Like Liv, Story and Space are all mainstream places and I always have way more fun at Bodega!
Just the place for the girl gang to indulge in a stylish getaway. Great options for stay and food too. Seems so tempting…if only it weren’t on the other end of the planet from me!
UGH well when you do make your way over here you definitely have to visit Miami!
Wow..what a superb post. It’s a complete guide to Miami. I haven’t visited Miami yet. This is an absolutely helpful post. I loved the Nikki Beach and heard a lot about it.
Sad you haven’t been to Miami, definitely, check it out!! Yes Nikki Beach is awesome you have to go!
Miami really does seem to have it all! I’m not much of a partier, but I’d go for the beaches, food and cocktails and of course sightseeing! I’d love to check out Wynwood Walls and admire all the street art. And I’d absolutely love to stroll the Design District as well. Someday!
The good thing about Miami is that even if you aren’t a partier, you’ll still have an awesome time. So many out of the ordinary things to see. Check it out when you can!
Miami is such a lively, vibrant, party place! I hope to visit your country soon!
Hot bell guys? Sign me up. I’m coming! Lolz… The hotel with the palm trees along the pathway, is just so pretty.
Indeed an ultimate guide, esp for the first time visitors!!
Right?? Hot bell guys are part of the fun haha. I can’t wait for you to come and explore this country!
These suggestions have the making of a mighty fine weekend if I do say so myself.
I love Miami and I always wanted to visit the place. It looks like a perfect beach destination and for me, it’s a dream destination. Also, its a great place for my girl gang party.
The perfect place for all of thise things!!
This is amazing!!!! I’ve never been to Miami but have heard many fun things about it! We’re visiting the US soon so hopefully we get to see this side of the country!
Hope you get to also! Fingers crossed!!
Love this! Anytime I think of Miami, I always sing the song “Miami” by Will Smith. Corny? Maybe, but it always puts a smile on my face for sure! I’ve heard about that DOUGH place…can’t wait to try it out!
Its soooo good you have to try it!
I’ve been to Florida a few times, but never to Miami! Now I can see what I’ve been missing. I’d mostly want to lie on the beach and eat good food. The clubs look fun too, though!
That was me a while ago, and then I discovered Miami and always wanted to be down there!! Every single part of it is fun for sure.
Seems like a great place to visit with your girlfriends. I sure would want to – with the beaches and the party scene here. Sharing it with my besties to see if they are keen on it 🙂
How could they say no right??
Have been to Miami for a layover and had a BLAST so can’t imagine myself having more time haha. Reading through this makes us want to go back so badly!
I live near Miami and this is some great information. My favorite of the hotels listed is the Fountainbleu such a classic hotel. Their spa is also amazing. I need to try some of the restaurants you picked out they all sound amazing
Very classic hotel! I always hear of all the celebrities going there. Ah haven’t experienced the spa…I bet it’s pretty expensive, isn’t it?? ALLLL of the restaurants are top notch, and not terribly expensive for Miami so try them!
Love this guide of yours on Miami…why? It has lot of punch! It’s the coolest guide I have read on Miami. Definitely, something that female gang will dig! Out of all places listed here, South Beach will work well with me because that’s what Miami is synonymous with…cool and happening beaches!
Yes the girls always love going to Miami! I am actually going to a bachelorette party in December there and am so stoked!! The beach is amazing there too, definitely, a must do.
Dang girl, sounds like you and your friends had a blast in Miami. It’s such a great city, with so much to offer. I remember partying there one year during the weekend that the clocks went back an hour. Because the clubs don’t close until 6am, we got an extra hour of partying in that night! At least I think we did because I have no memory of the cab ride back to our hotel (shhhh).
Ohhh shit, yeah sometimes the clubs don’t even close at all! Partying on fall back is even better though!!! Miami tends to have that “not remembering” effect on everyone who comes to party there haha I love it.
I’ve never been to Miami. I’ve always wanted to! I watched CSI Miami a lot and just love the beach. Hahaha lol. It seems super busy in Miami.
It is pretty busy BUT totally worth it.
I went to school in Miami and love going back as often as possible. Most recently I went for NYE. I love how Brickell has transformed into the new hot spot so I don’t always have to trek it to the beach, because that gets annoying and expensive. Dope photos!
AHHH NYW in Miami would be amazing AND expensive haha. I remember seeing a table at Story for Tiesto for $50k!!!! Insane. But yeah Brickell has turned itself around. I have some friends who live there and it’s awesome with an amazing view. I just love that city.
I as a Miami resident for 13 years, I approve! Great post and great choices for eating, drinking and debauchery:)
Yay glad I have your seal of approval 😉
Miami is the ultimate escape destination so I wouldn’t expect anything less! It’s a great place to catch up with gal pals. And of course, the weather and beaches certainly help! 🙂
It sounds like Miami has everything for a girl’s weekend in which none of them members of the group will get bored. Seems like there is something for everyone. I’d love to be loaded with money and spend them on a suite at the W, together with a spa session of course, haha. It’s interesting that one of the best cocktail bars is actually inside a hostel! Who would have guessed?
Right?? They have some amazing cocktails!!
Miami is such an iconic city and there are plenty of things to see or do. It definitely is the great destination for an all-girls weekend. Thanks for this post, you’ve inspired me to have some get together with my girls!
Yay! Definitely get them together and head down there!!
Miami is really party beach destination famous all over the world. I love the idea of leaving boys at home and head to Miama. You have listed all prominent hotels and party places of Miami which is very helpful.
Yes, leave them at home girl!!
Miami has always been on my bucket list to travel . Living in USA, I never had a chance to visit it. But hopefully I might plan a trip soon and am gonna save this post for my future use. Thanks for sharing
Yes, Miami is amazing you have to go!!
Miami sounds exciting and super fun. Leave the worries behind, rope in your friends and go for the rejuvenation. I would love it. Thanks for the elaborate guide which will help when I am planning.
I had not been to Miami but I am planning to visit it next year with my girl gang. This post is going to come very handy. Especially, your guide to the cocktail bars with a view.