That’s right, you gotta leave the boys at home for this one. What better city to jet off to for a tropical girl’s weekend? Better make sure that beach bod is in tip-top shape because the bitches down in Miami don’t play!
I’ve been to the deep south of Florida manyyy of times and can honestly say it’s one of my favorite destinations in the US. “Laidback Luxury” is what I like to call it. Billowing white curtains, perfectly curated cocktails, melt in your mouth cuisine and of course the liveliest nightlife. I’m here to show you how to have the ultimate girls weekend in Miami, Florida! Grab your thong bikinis and self-tanner bitches, we’re goin’ south!
Where to have a sleepover
Miami is known for its luxurious ummm everything. You and your bitches need a place for beauty sleep right? Oversized pillows for those late night fights 😉 balcony views worthy of 10000 Instagram selfies and hot bell guys to show you to your room…
- The Loews Hotel: Just steps from the ocean, the Loews hotel on Collins Ave is sure to impress any guest that stays there. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel like a million bucks. Sip some champagne by the pool, catch a tan at the beach and enjoy everything Miami has to offer.
- The Fontainebleau Miami Beach: Popular to most celebrities that grace the streets, the Fontainebleau is an iconic hotel. It oozes opulence from its posh spa to its 5-star dining menu, making it the perfect place for you and your girls. If you wanna dance your ass off, Liv is right downstairs, easily accessible to stumble back up to your room.
- The W Miami: Native to most large cities is the W hotel, but South Beach does it a little different. The girls will definitely be spoiled here. The fitness freak friend? There is a state of the art gym for that. The super stressed one? There is a relaxing spa for that. The Diva? There is a lux suite with her name on it. Whatever friend you claim to be, The W has it and then some!
Where to stuff your face
Food is a social necessity to girls weekend, and you gotta do it right. I mean, you are in Miami. With such a diverse range of restaurants, cocktail bars, and quick bite places, you will find something for even the pickiest eater!
- Meat Market: I went here the first time I ever stepped foot in Miami and have been back almost every time since then. This trendy steakhouse has high-quality steak and even higher quality clientele. Who knows, you might hook your friend up with a sexy man sitting at the bar. Grab a Tangerine Dream to drink-pair it with some Tuna Tartare and finish off the dinner with a juicy steak. You girls gotta get your calories in before you head out to dance!
- The Continental Miami: A girls weekend isn’t complete without a bangin’ brunch spot. Considered one of the best “brunches for your buck”, the Continental has this eclectic vintage vibe. Did I mention only $25 bottomless mimosas with a mixture of fruit juices or even bottomless Bloody Mary’s? You can hardly get a vodka soda in Miami for less than $22 so this is a steal! You and the girls will be happy to get buzzed for less than an appetizer price! As an added bonus, the food here is super delish and totally shareable.
- Drunken Dragon: Take my advice on this one…from the outside, this place looks like a complete shit hole. Us girls got out of the car in heels thinking we were about to walk into a laundry mat. It’s meant to give you a good scare because once you walk through that door, it’s like you are entering a new world. Intimate lighting and group tables for a twist on Korean BBQ makes this restaurant a hit with the ladies. Your bitches will love this atmosphere.
- Lola Restaurant: I have to say that this eatery had the BEST decor around. That old mixed with new Hollywood glam, the girls were instantly wowed. Oversized chandeliers, tufted leather benches, and cow skinned chairs. What more could a girl want? PASTA, she would want pasta. Their diverse menu of all things amazing and delectable is just too much. You gotta eat it for yourself!
Where to party
There is ALMOST nothing I love more than partying in Miami. I think I could set up a tent and live in one of the clubs there. It’s my jammmmm. Somehow all the DJs in Miami know how to throw down the sickest sets and amp up any night…or day. That’s right, these are some of my fav. hangouts at any hour because that’s how Miami rolls. The party never stops, and only the strong survive this vivacious city.
- Bodega: Let me tell you something…I have broken it DOWN on the floors of Bodega. Like an out of control dance monster or something, but you literally can’t help yourself. It is classified as many things…a place to eat, a place to drink, and a place to party. Bodega is out of the ordinary though with its tricked out taco truck like interior and Mexican street food flare. Past that, you enter the rooms, and obviously the main room where you and the girls can drop it low for hours. Remember how we ate a lot earlier? Time to burn those calories.
- E11even: Strip Club? Night Club? Who TF cares? A new kid on the block, E11even made its debut in 2014 and hasn’t shut its doors since. No really, like not for any holiday, event or tropical storm. 24 hours 24/7 makes this the ultimate party place at any time of day. Remember the bottomless mimosas at the Continental? Well, we got pretty drunk that time, nixed our plan of going home that night and spent a good 6 hours in here, during the day. 3 stories of fun, you can’t miss out.
- Nikki Beach: Party on the water? Count me in. Nikki Beach is a popular spot all around the world. I once met a girl who is making it her life goal to party at every single one of them. That should tell you something right then and there. Sure celebrities and elitist have set foot here, but you don’t have to be making a million dollars a minute to enjoy this place. Come hangout for relaxing brunch and party until the sun goes down.
gossip have some cocktails
You don’t have to be outgoing buck wild to have a good time. Miami’s scene is very versatile…so if a couple of cocktails with a view is more your style, try these places you and the girls will love. In reality, though, you might just be too hungover from the night before and want to take it easy without “missing out”, so these places are the solution to your needs.
- The Broken Shaker: This hidden Miami spot will take you by surprise. Located in a hostel, this is one of the coolest hostel bars I’ve ever seen. Perfectly handcrafted cocktails with a speakeasy ambiance…but in a massive back yard equipped with a pool, ping pong tables and more lounging areas than you can imagine. All walks of life come through those doors so it’s a perfect place to unwind and meet some new friends.
- Watr at the 1: All white errrthang. This rooftop oasis gives you stunning 360-degree views of South Beach. The indoor-outdoor restaurant/cocktail bar boasts live music, finger foods, and excellent service. You and the girls will surely sit back, relax and enjoy the view.
- The Clevelander: I have to add this place to the list because it’s a mean girls dream. They might not have the best drinks or food, but they have the best entertainment. My friends and I have sat here on numerous occasions and done nothing but sip on drinks and people watch. I don’t encourage the judgemental/ mean girl behavior because we’ve all been there…but you just can’t help the kind of things you see in Miami. If you want a good laugh with your vodka, it’s here.
Where to have some fun in the sun
Fun in the blazing hot sun but these activities around Miami will surely take your mind off of burning to a crisp. Load up the girls for a mini road trip around town to experience some culture, art, fashion and of course FOOD!
- Lincoln Road Mall: You might just think this is like any other outdoor mall, but the gentle breeze from the ocean and a plethora of high and low-end stores make for a fun shopping trip. Just struttin’ your stuff up and down, looking at clothes you don’t need can be a lot of fun. This is where Meat Market resides…and if you and the girls come here during the day, the restaurants that line the streets have some of the best happy hour specials in Miami!
- Wynwood Walls: Would any list to Miami be complete without this? There is no better time to hit the colorful streets of Wynwood than with your crew. Why? Because duh, they are willing to take 1000 pictures without complaining. Takes lessons guys. The intricate designs, massive murals, and abstract shapes will totes make the perf profile pic. (hair flip)
- South Beach: Look, girls, a simple day at the beach sipping Pina Coladas could be on the agenda too. Lord knows you probably need some Vitamin D 😉 With its white sand beach covered in modelesque men and women, you could sit here for hours enjoying the views.
- The Design District: Another art and fashion-forward neighborhood, the Design District offers public art installations, high-end shopping, and some super yummy restaurants. You and the girls can take a stroll around spending unnecessary amounts of money while catching some sun. I know I could spend hours just wandering in and out of the shops, looking at all the art.
- DOUGH Miami: This might not be exactly “fun in the sun” but its fun while getting out of the sun. BEHOLD…DOUGH MIAMI…THE FIRST 100% SAFE TO EAT COOKIE DOUGH SHOP. Oh em gee bitches, you’ll be in heaven. You can literally buy cookie dough by the tub in here, the best way I can think of to beat the heat. All my dreams have come true in this place. If you just so happen to have a girlfriend who doesn’t like cookie dough then just leave her on the side of the road to hitchhike back home. You don’t need that negativity in your life.
Well, ladies, I hope you got a complete overview of how to have a kick-ass girls weekend in Miami. Sure, a lot of it has to do with partying…but f you aren’t a huge partier, then Miami probably isn’t for your stuck up ass anyways 🙂 If you have a good group of girls, some sexy bikinis, and your party pants, there is absolutely no way you will have a bad time here. Bringing the right girls is key to a drama free weekend!
Have you and some girlfriends been to Miami? What did I miss? PS. Isn’t it sad that we are usually so busy having fun that I have like 4 pictures of me and the girls in Miami…I promise I actually have friends ha.
Until the next vacation….
xo Bonvoyage Babes